Please Select the question that best describes your issue.
If you do not see the information that you are looking for, then either call us or contact us online.
- Why was my script called into your pharmacy and not my neighborhood pharmacy?
- Why did my doctor tell me to use Stokes versus another compounding pharmacy?
- How can I prescribe or place an order?
- Can you bill/ship directly to my patients?
- My doctor is calling in a script to your pharmacy, what should I do?
- How can I get my prescription transferred to Stokes?
- Will my prescription be covered by my insurance?
- Do you have an automatic refill program?
- How long will it take for my prescription to be filled?
- How can I get a price on my prescription?
- What type of payment do you accept?
- What are my shipping options?
- Can you send an email notification for my UPS tracking information?
- Will I have to sign for my package?/Can I waive the signature upon arrival of my prescription?
- What if my prescription needs to be signed for but no one will be there to receive it?
- Why was I charged tax?
- How do I properly dispose of my medicine?
- Can you call my doctor for refills?
- Why was my prescription not filled when my doctor called it in?
- Can you take back my medicine?
- My animal is not taking his/her medicine. Are there other options?
- What is a transdermal and how do I apply it to my cat's ears?
- How do I dispense my liquid medication?
- I did not see the item I am looking for on your site; does that mean it is unavailable?
Why was my script called into your pharmacy and not my neighborhood pharmacy?
We are a compounding pharmacy unlike most pharmacies including chain pharmacies. We compound the prescriptions you are unable to get filled at general pharmacies. We make our prescriptions from scratch based on your physician's specifications.
Why did my doctor recommend Stokes versus another compounding pharmacy?
Many doctors and veterinarians trust us because they know that quality is #1 at Stokes. We test our products and when necessary, produce a sterile product that meets <USP 797> regulations. What many fail to realize is that compounded products are not all the same. Other pharmacies have been shown to vary in accuracy 20-80% but not at Stokes. We test our products and they exceed approved guidelines.
- Prescribe online using iFill. To learn more & register head to ifill.stokespharmacy.com
- Call: (856) 505-5222
- Fax: (856) 505-5899
- Fax the physical prescription to: (856) 505-5899
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment
My doctor is calling in a script to your pharmacy, what should I do?
As soon as we receive your prescription, you will receive a call from us. We will obtain some basic information and discuss payment/shipping options with you. If you have not heard from us, please feel free to call us with your information, if you wish.
Will my prescription be covered by my insurance? Compounded prescriptions are sometimes covered. If you have prescription insurance, please fax us a copy of the front and back of your card. Once we electronically process your insurance, we will call with your copay/ total cost and get your approval before filling the prescription. When circumstances permit, we can provide you with a reimbursement form to submit to your insurance carrier.
Do you have an automatic refill program?
A program is in the works.
Click here if you would like to be notified when we have a system in place!
How long will it take for my prescription to be filled?
The time to fill/make each individual prescription varies. We recommend you get the prescription to us in advance so that we can ensure your medicine is ready when you come to pick it up. Most orders will be shipped the same day the order is placed with a few exceptions.
***PLEASE NOTE: Upon receiving a prescription / refill from your doctor, we will first get your approval before filling the prescription unless otherwise specified.
How can I get a price on my prescription?
You can bring the prescription in, fax (856-505-5899), email (email@example.com), or have your physician phone it in. We will then contact you with a price. Questions? Please contact one of our customer care representatives at (856)505-5222.
- Standard Shipping (1-2 days in transit regardless of location): $9.50
- Cold Packages Standard Shipping* (1-2 days in transit regardless of location): $16.00
- Next Day Air: $25.00 plus $5.00 for cold products
- Saturday Delivery: $35.00 plus $5.00 for cold products
(All NJ residents will be charged 7% sales tax on shipping charges.)
*Prescriptions requiring refrigeration are being shipped standard ONLY Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in order to retain integrity of the cold packaging. If you need it shipped outside of these days, additional shipping charges will apply. (See above under additional services).
Can you send an email notification for my UPS tracking information?
We can. If you are a new patient and are interested, we will ask for your email address upon obtaining your information. If you are a current customer that is interested, please call and provide us with your email address so you may receive tracking information the next time you refill your prescription(s).
Will I have to sign for my package?/Can I waive the signature upon arrival of my prescription?
This varies. You will be notified if your prescription is a controlled substance. If so, upon arrival of the package an adult will have to sign at your location of choice. No waives will be granted. All other prescriptions will be left at the discretion of the UPS driver.
What if my prescription needs to be signed for but no one will be there to receive it?
You might consider changing the shipping location to a work address or to a family member, friend or neighbor where someone will be able to sign for it.
How do I properly dispose of my medicine?
Proper Disposal of Prescription Drugs
Can you take back my medicine?
We cannot take back medication after it leaves the pharmacy. NJ State Board of Pharmacy prohibits us from re-using medication that has left the pharmacy and you wouldn't want us to do that.You can check with your local shelter or animal rescue to see if they can accept it as a donation.
My animal is not taking his/her medicine. Are there other options?
Yes, there are other options available! At Stokes, we offer medications in a variety of forms (capsule, liquid, chew, and transdermal) to make dosing hassle-free. Please keep in mind that feasibility varies depending on the drug and individual prescription.
What is a transdermal and how do I apply it to my cat's ears?
It is a medication that you rub on the tip of your cat's ear. The medicine is absorbed into the bloodstream.
For directions on dispensing, please click here!
How do I dispense my liquid medication?
I did not see the item I am looking for on your site; does that mean it is unavailable?
No, it is impossible to list every single drug and formulation we offer. There are many other medications available. Call us today for more information: (856)505-5222.